It amazes me that so many evangelicals are falling for the Emerging/Emergent/Emergence movements. This in spite of the fact that these movements refuse to hold to biblically sound doctrines, or even provide doctrinal statements. I believe that if evangelicals were to really study the Bible, learn its truths/doctrines, and believe them, they would not stray so easily after false teachings.
I have copied and pasted an excellent list of links from the CARM website, regarding sound biblical doctrine. The original list of links is at:
Christian Doctrine and Theology
Basic Christian Doctrine is the study of the revealed word of God. It is Christian Theology regarding the nature truth, God, Jesus, salvation, damnation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, the Gospel, resurrection, and more.
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,” (2 Tim. 4:3).
Basic Christian Doctrine
- Take a Christian Doctrine Test
- Answers to the Christian Doctrine Test
- Is Christianity the only true religion?
- What is truth?
- Christian Doctrine: The Bible, God, Creation, and Man
- Christian Doctrine: Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and Salvation
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Justification and Sanctification: What is the difference?
- Essential Doctrines of Christianity
- Doctrine Grid
- What is the Gospel?
- The Law and the Gospel
- The Two main covenants
- Divisions under the covenant of grace
- Amillennialism and premillennialism
- New Testament themes found in the Old Testament
- Federal Headship
- Verses that show justification by faith
- Substitutionary Atonement of Jesus Christ
- What is the Trinity?
- Response to criticism of “What is the Trinity?”
- The Trinity Chart
- Another Look at The Trinity
- Yet another Look at the Trinity: The Plurality Study
- The Ontological and Economic Trinity
- List of all New Testament Verses Listed using “hupotasso”
- Early Trinitarian Quotes
- Verses showing the plurality of God in the Old and New Testaments
- Who is God? video
- Let us make man in our image
The Holy Spirit
Objections to the Trinity answered
- The Trinity, the Hypostatic Union, and the Communicatio Idiomatum
- The word Trinity is not in the Bible
- The Trinity is really teaching three gods
- Col. 2:9 and Eph. 3:19
- God cannot die. Jesus died. Therefore, Jesus is not God.
- God cannot be tempted. Jesus was tempted. Therefore, Jesus cannot be God.
- If Jesus is God, then who did He pray to?
- If Jesus is God, then why did not know the time of His return?
- If Jesus is God, why did He say the Father was greater than He?
- Jesus’ Two Natures: God and Man
- The Communicatio Idiomatum, the communication of the properties
- Jesus’ humbled state and what it means
- Jesus is God
- Jesus is a man
- Jesus’ three offices: Prophet, Priest, and King
- Why did Jesus have to die for our sins? video 1, 2
- Bible verses that show Jesus is Divine
- The Miracles of Jesus
- Jehovah is Jesus
- 100 Truths about Jesus
- If Jesus were not God, then explain . . .
- What did Jesus come to do?
- Who is Jesus according to the apostle John?
- Jesus Resurrection was physical
- Objections to Jesus’ physical resurrection answered
- Where did Jesus go after He died on the cross?
- If God is unchanging, how can Jesus be God in flesh?
- Is Jesus’ name really Yeshua?
- The Atonement: An Outline of
- Are we Justified by Faith (Rom.) or by Works (James)?
- A Test: Do you have the True Jesus?
- Salvation: What it means to be a Christian
- How to Become a Christian
- The Warning Tract: Make a difference in your city.
- What is the incarnation?